uLawPracticeの概要

A cloud based, integrated practice management, accounting, trust accounting system accessible anywhere, anytime from any device.

uLawPracticeの詳細

改善点:

Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing.

uLawPracticeの評価

カナダのOwner / Paralegal
認証済みLinkedInユーザー

Customer Support

5 3 年前

コメント: I have used several law software programs in the last 10 years and I believe this one is the best and most comprehensive on the market.

良いポイント:

When you have an issue and can’t figure it out, they have created YouTube Videos or you can email and they will contact you quickly to solve your issue.

改善点:

I truly after using it for 2 years have not found any cons to mention.

Lasania H.
カナダのLicensed Paralegal/Owner
製品の使用期間:: 1~5か月
投稿者のソース

ULaw Practice is Intuitive, Inexpensive, and Simply Great for Legal Practice Management

4 先週 新着

コメント: My overall experience is that uLaw has many great features that will benefit Canadian legal practitioners whether you are a lawyer or paralegal. I would recommend it to my colleagues in the field. I just wish it could be enhanced a bit more.

良いポイント:

ULaw is especially great for LSO compliance purposes. What I like most about uLaw are the checklist including compliance documents, templates for various matters including retainer agreements and final reporting letters, and most importantly court forms. It’s almost as if everything is already done for you. uLaw also has a great guide and YouTube channel that provides answers to many of our questions.

改善点:

I would love if uLaw had a better task management system. I believe the to do list is the same but I’m not quite sure. The look of uLaw is also lacking. It is worth the price for a reason but I wish the look of it could be better. I also feel like the intake form should be a bit more detailed, maybe including an intake pipeline, and the client portal could be expanded.

Damian W.
カナダのLitigation Paralegal

Damian's review

3 4 か月前

コメント: Pretty good

良いポイント:

The bookkeeping services and customer support

改善点:

Needs more user friendly features and less steps to execute certain things

Amanda B.
カナダのAdministrative Assitant

Ease of use

良いポイント:

We loved the switch to ULAW, it has made our lives and business run so much more smoothly

改善点:

tracking of what courts the files are with

Nana A.

Definitely Worth It!

5 6 か月前

コメント: I am very satisfied with ULaw and don't think I will venture to another software as Ulaw does everything I require to effectively run my practice.

良いポイント:

I love everything about the software. It is easy to navigate and if you are unsure of where to locate certain things, their customer service support is excellent; even assisting after hours. The software has the capability to do more than what I most likely realize since I don't currently utilize all aspects of it but have no doubt that it provides every option one requires of an efficient legal practice management software.

改善点:

Some of the precedent letters that were uploaded have grammatical and formatting errors that I find I have to format myself so that kind of takes away from the fact that the forms and letters should be ready for use but it's very minor.

Elie L.
投稿者のソース

Great product for beginners and experts

良いポイント:

Great product for what you pay for. Technical support is always very friendly and help is immediate. There is a full YouTube channel with hundreds of videos to answer absolutely any question you have under the sun. Once you get familiar with it, the YouTube tutorials will save you.

改善点:

Nothing really. The forms couldn't be customized at first but now they can, that was a big issue for me. Being able to upload and dow load my own forms.

Ian M.
アメリカのLawyer
弁護士業界, 2-10の従業員数

Complete practice managment

4 4 か月前

コメント: This has been the easiest way I have found to manage my pracitce.

良いポイント:

uLaw is quick to learn and leads you step by step through practice management.

改善点:

My least favourite thing about uLaw is that the calendar takes a little time to load.

Jessica C.
カナダのLegal Assistant
製品の使用期間:: 1~5か月

Use Friendly

4 2 年前

コメント: So far this software seems to be extremely beneficial. For the most part it's saving me time and making my job that much easier.

良いポイント:

I like that this software is extremely user friendly.

改善点:

It's almost too easy to use. I tend to keep trying to make things more complicated than they are which is taking up more time. But this has more to do with being used to previous software than a problem with THIS software.

Superfluid Softwareからの返信

2 年前

Thank you for such a sweet and kind feedback

Robert B.
カナダのOwner/Paralegal

Highly Recommended Software for Legal Services

5 6 か月前

コメント: This is a great program and comes with excellent service due to the hard work and responsive staff that are behind the software and its functionality. I can email them with any questions and they personally respond in a timely manner, with a personal answer to my questions.

良いポイント:

This program is very easy to use and is compliant with all of the requirements held by the Law Society of Ontario. The program is built for legal professionals, and contemplates the needs of the legal services industry that wouldn't have been considered by other generic programs. Everything I need for case management, accounting, billing, and client management are integrated into this single program and it is extremely useful. The amount of time I save using uLaw is incredible. The more time I have to spend on files, the more revenue my firm can produce. This program pays for itself. The staff are also incredibly responsive and hospitable. They reply to your concerns directly, and have one-on-one training sessions where they walk you through every facet of the program. That makes it a very reliable service and a program I would highly recommend.

改善点:

The Calendar is useful but could be expanded to actively notify me of upcoming deadlines. At present, you need to check it daily to see what is coming up, but overall, that isn't a big deal. There are plenty of affordable programs that only do that one thing, to complement everything else that is offered by uLaw.

Rosa C.

Ulaw is a lifesaver

5 6 か月前

コメント: The customer service has a great team and are always there and willing to assist.

良いポイント:

I don't like the product ..I love Ulaw. It is so easy to use and there are so many options if I did have any issues and is affordable. Billing/invoicing and tracking expenses has never been so easy. There response time is impeccable, not only to they respond with an answer they will send you a link to watch a video to guide you. The Ulaw set up is so affordable and a life saver. They will be there for you. Their bookkeeping services are great!

改善点:

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Pearl K.
カナダのFounder

Started My Practice with ULaw 9 Months Ago

5 先週 新着

コメント: I am very grateful I chose ULaw and do not plan to change software. However, there were several days when I really felt like throwing up my hands and wondering for the small number of clients I had, starting up, whether I couldn't just maintain accounts manually. There is a long learning curve because so much is provided. I still have not explored all it has to offer and I have probably criticized them unfairly here and there for options they have that I am suggesting they should offer.

良いポイント:

I didn't have to integrate existing accounts as I began using ULaw at the start of my practice. It gives you almost all of what you need, especially from the financial management side of the business. It is compliant specific to the Law Society.of Ontario. You get a lot of free and quick live assistance in the first several months. You also have access to very short videos answering most of your questions. The expense is well worth the $32.00 I pay monthly during my first year as an entrepreneur (receive a discount). There is also a one-month free trial period where you play with make-believe situations. I didn't use this time well because I was busy with so much other setup. I also like that it is a Canadian product and hope it remains that way.

改善点:

The sound on the videos is almost always way too low and it is not my speakers. There are frequent spelling mistakes, although not in what is produced for a client. There are sometimes different ways of doing what seems intuitive, like receiving payment - it took me awhile to realize you need to go to Action > Accept client payment rather than Retainer > Payment. There are at least two versions of the Intake Form - a generic long one and a shorter one - requires the client's signature, the other doesn't and they ask different questions - which one is the one you are supposed to use as per the LSO? A couple of the text boxes on receipts do not align properly. I need to scan and save source rev. and exp. docs. outside of ULaw. I have to be careful when inputting info. into a client's account as ULaw always seems to choose a different default client and not the one I want. Sounds like a lot, but I am sure they are really quick fixes to already wonderful software.

Peter R.
カナダのParalegal/Owner
投稿者のソース

Very positive. It has many useful features and customer support is always ready to help.

5 4 年前

コメント: It helps me with my tracking of clients and allows to track the progress of a case. Also it helps me keep track of upcoming dates, invoicing and contact information. I rely heavily on ulaw for all of this information and it has been a tremendous help. I like how it gave me all the information I needed for the auditor. The dashboard feature is helpful and quick view which helps give me reminders on what's coming up. I am able to produce invoices for clients that not only show the time and dates, but enter what I was doing during the time. I was complimented by the law society of upper Canada auditor for that, which is a team effort by ulaw staff and I. I would very much recommend it to a colleague and find it a fun system and quite user friendly. I cannot say enough about the support staff who are always there. I work odd hours and it's vital having what seems to be round the clock support if I run into a jam.

良いポイント:

Easy invoicing and the statements of activity that help me keep track of a file's progress. I find that this enables to keep track of a case and who owes me money. I also like that it breaks down where I am spending the most time on each case and my contact with any particular client. Overall, very good. I also like the option of the free webinars, which help me save money. That is vital for a small business and sole owner.

改善点:

Some of the features are a little confusing, but you get used to them. And again customer support is always there to help. And although I like the option of the webinars I feel that sometimes the instructors jump around and talk too fast. I am hard of hearing and sometimes find it hard to follow when they do so. I would also like a little more flexibility when it comes to the retainer. I do not operate a trust account for example, a retainer reflecting that would be helpful. All minor issues and 1 more, just to keep an eye on the typos which tend to come up. A lawyer or a paralegal sending out such letters may be viewed as incompetent.

Rachel S.
Rachel S.
カナダのLawyer & Owner
認証済みLinkedInユーザー

An affordable and highly functional alternative to Clio and Cosmolex

4 4 か月前

コメント: The bookkeeping functionalities make sense to me with ulaw. It saves me a lot of time. This was a major influence for me in getting the software, but I really like how dynamic it is and how easy to update or add additional categories. It's very customizable.

良いポイント:

No other product has as phenomenal a support team as ulaw. You can email a question and get an immediate response or a callback. There is a library of videos going through all the functionalities step by step. It's a great all-in-one product. The team is dedicated and they regularly go over and above to make the experience fabulous. It is highly functional as bookkeeping and record keeping software. My bookkeeper also likes it.

改善点:

There are some windows I never open. I don't use the calendar at all. It doesn't integrate with office365 or my booking software or my phones. I wish it was a little more like Matter365 in terms of practicemanagement. The learning curve is steep. There is still a lot I don't know how to do. I wish the billing templates were more editable. I wish you could minimize the top bar with the matter details when inputting dockets and disbursements, particularly as most of us do a lot of work on laptops; it's hard to see. I wish the mobile version had greater functionality and did not log me out all the time.

Vicky-lynne H.
カナダのOffice Manager
弁護士業界, 11-50の従業員数
投稿者のソース

Perfect for Trust Accounting!

4 4 か月前

コメント: Ulaw has proven to be a powerful tool for our office. It simplifies Trust Accounting and thus makes our office audit ready thanks to the many reports that are available. Customer support is key and there is always someone ready to assist with concerns. If a modification is suggested to the support team, they absolutely consider what is being suggested and do their best to implement such. There are a couple of minor drawbacks but overall this is a good product.

良いポイント:

Ulaw has proven to be an effective tool for our Trust Accounting. Once the Trust Bank Reconciliation is complete, Ulaw automatically compares it to my Client Trust Ledger to ensure I am Law Society Compliant. It provides our office with all of the documents and reports required for a Law Society Audit with a few simple clicks. The other great benefit is that it is cloud based so staff can work from anywhere, anytime.

改善点:

Our practice has had issues with the speed of the program, however, some of that falls on the type of devices being used. We have also had several minor issues with the program itself. The great thing is, once these issues are brought to the attention of support...they try their best to make changes to improve the program.

Bruce P.
投稿者のソース

Ulaw designed to assist Legal Professions with Compliance and Practice Management

5 先週 新着

コメント: Incredibly versatile and saves a ton of time

良いポイント:

Deals with accounting, client information, matters, document production and management all in one intuitive software.

改善点:

Waiting on easy links with our Google workspace calendar but given how quickly the program adapts, I think it will happen sooner rather than Later

Ian W.
カナダ
製品の使用期間:: 不明
投稿者のソース

ULaw - A cost-effective Canadian practice management software that gets the job done.

4 5 年前

コメント: I have been in private practice as a paralegal since 1992 but have only been using ULaw for the last four years. For years I had used QuickBooks but it was the document generation feature in ULaw that first caught my attention. This was not something I could find in any other practice management software at that price point. This feature alone has saved me enough time in legal document production to make it more than worth the price. Originally only Small Claims Court documents were available but they have been introducing new areas on a regular basis. It is clear that the ULaw team works hard to make their product better. I have occasionally considered other practice management software but every time I have ULaw has introduced a new feature that keeps me onboard. These include features like the Dashboard, Quick View, Analytics & even Calendar & Document Vault sync, to name a few. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with the new features. Perhaps most importantly, ULaw is structured to enable compliance with the Law Society requirements as outlined in the LSUC rules of practice. From the client intake documents to the required financial reporting, ULaw does this 'in the background' so to speak so that any practitioner can focus on the actual work instead of being bogged down in regulation compliance. It should be made clear however that ULaw is a database 'program' and so not as intuitive as some of the spreadsheet-based programs. Also, errors cannot be simply deleted but additional correcting entries are required. That is the nature of a database. A further area of potential improvement is that while it is now possible to launch an email from a Contact in ULaw the software doesn't keep track of client emails like it does for documents. Overall perhaps the best feature of ULaw is not the software itself but the team behind the product. I have found their service team to be quick to respond and their development team repeatedly reaches out to their clients for ideas and feedback.
No software is perfect or does everything you might want but dollar for dollar I consider ULaw to really punch above its weight class. I would recommend this for any paralegal office and indeed it is the software that I use for my private practice and my partnerships.

Mark S.

Efficient, Intuitive, Essential!

5 5 年前

コメント: Simplified compliance reporting,
Simplified billing,
Simplified form printing,
Simplified contact management and file management,
Simplified accounting,
Simplified business as a whole :)

良いポイント:

uLaw Practice saves so much time that it pays for itself. By simply inputting the most basic, day-to-day transactions into it, uLaw not only calculates everything you need to ensure all of your accounts are balancing, but it also prepares every compliance document you'll ever need in case you're ever audited by your respective Law Society (e.g. fee books, trust reconciliations, etc.). I don't know how anyone would be able to survive an audit without uLaw. It's also highly customizable allowing you to upload your own logos and letterhead to be printed automatically on your forms.

改善点:

The only "con" I can think of for this software would be that I didn't sign up for it sooner! I recommend it to every legal professional practicing.

Anar D.
投稿者のソース

Ulaw is easy to use, affordable and has excellent customer service.

5 4 年前

コメント: Makes it very easy to create client files and comply with trust/general account compliance.

良いポイント:

The ulaw software makes it very easy to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct (Law Society of Ontario) especially with Knowing your Client requirements. Ulaw allows you to generate an initial conflict check form and client identification/verification form. I recently went through the LSO Practice Management Audit, and the LSO was very impressed with Ulaw's Inital Conflict Check form because it allowed the form includes the steps the lawyer undertook to perform the conflict checks.

改善点:

If you make a accounting error it is hard to rectify it if you don't understand how the software works or accounting principles.

Mark S.

Highly Recommend uLaw

5 2 年前

コメント: - the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust)
- the user support is amazing
- online videos are extremely helpful

良いポイント:

- web-based application (no upgrades) - integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) - easy customization capability - BI capability - simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

改善点:

- could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations - it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

Lori anne T.
カナダのLawyer/Principal Owner
投稿者のソース

Great web-based alternative to PC Law!

5 4 年前

コメント: Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

良いポイント:

I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family. I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting. The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

改善点:

I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking). Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed. Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

Martin C.
カナダのOwner/Paralegal
投稿者のソース

Improving the business of a legal practice

5 6 か月前

コメント: I have been able to create amazing, time saving templates that automatically populate. I have also made great use of the incredible customer service that makes you feel like you are their most important client.

良いポイント:

I am a new Paralegal and I work from home in my own practice. I needed software that kept me compliant with LSO requirements, of which there are many. I also needed a tickler system and an accounting system and uLawPractice was the whole ball of wax rolled into one at an affordable price. Starting a new firm is difficult and challenging. This program took a big weight off my shoulders. Customer service is the best I have ever had as well.

改善点:

I found the accounting portion of the program has the largest learning curve due to my inexperience with accounting. I found many of the screens descriptions less than helpful and was left wondering why they weren't worded for those that aren't accountants.

Prem N.
カナダのLicensed Paralegal

Daily Bread for me.

良いポイント:

The customer support I get 24x7 and the very courteous support staff. It's only a question of getting used to the software and that leads to knowing where to book what and finding each tab. I think this is a boon for a Paralegal like me as I enjoy using both the desktop version and the mobile app. very much. The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours. Now they have also started providing accounting help too. Definitely recommend!

改善点:

Some of the forms need to be updated. Size of fonts when we open calendar.

Ram S.
弁護士業界, 2-10の従業員数
投稿者のソース

Easy to use; versatile and importantly, mobile. I have been using this for almost 18 months now.

5 5 年前

コメント: I use it all the time for my work... from office, at court and at home.

良いポイント:

Excellent feedback and help when requested. Easy to use for a non-technical person like me. Easily navigable; well presented; easy to enter data and information. Importantly, being mobile, I can use it anywhere on the go. I am not rooted to a main office.

改善点:

Nothing really. I looked for a mobile platform when purchasing an accounting program for lawyers and I was scared of getting stuck with the generally traditionally large software programs in a set office. I found u law and have recommended it to many colleagues without hesitation.

Carolina B.
投稿者のソース

Extremely happy with Ulaw!

5 2 年前

コメント: I am very happy with this software. The support team is great and very helpful. They are usually available to assist me by phone if I need it and have always responded well to my feedback. I asked that a few changes be made in order to satisfy the requirements of the Law Society after a spot audit and they took action right away and made me feel much more at ease!

良いポイント:

I really like how easy it is to navigate the software and that it follows all of the law society bookkeeping guidelines. I also really enjoy that it is web based and that I can access the software from anywhere.

改善点:

Sometime it is slow. Other than that there are no issues.

Amanda R.
カナダのParalegal/Owner

Absolutely Necessary for All Legal Practitioners

5 2 年前

コメント: Amazing. Have been using it for years and highly recommend it. I have used PCLaw and Clio in the past and ULaw is the best cloud based software to manage client files and bookkeeping all in one.

良いポイント:

It is LSO complaint and easy to use. I love that I do not need a bookkeeper and can view my business on a regular basis through Ulaw insights.

改善点:

Error messages occurring after trying to save dockets.