Deltek Visionの概要

Project-based solution for PS firms that combines project accounting, resource management, project mgmt, time/expense and client mgt.

Deltek Visionの詳細

良いポイント:

Tons of features, very robust system. Lots of customization possible.

改善点:

I frequent users find it complex and difficult to use.

Deltek Visionの評価

Nereida B.
Nereida B.
ベネズエラのANALISTA CONTABLE
投稿者のソース

Important business data in real time.

5 4 年前

コメント: I am using Deltek Vision to identify problems affecting the performance of our company and hinder the successful implementation of some projects. I am also taking advantage of useful features to improve performance and complete projects successfully.

良いポイント:

What I like about Deltek Vision modules are purchasing and asset management because they allow me to track purchase orders and fixed assets; It helps me to get new business, improve performance and optimize the operations of our company.

改善点:

For some people within the company's user interface it is not always so friendly and does not have much ability to change the screen size. In addition, it may not be ideal for companies that only require specific modules, since all the modules are included in the software.

Elizabeth C.
アメリカのarchitect
建築、設計, 2-10の従業員数
投稿者のソース

Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others

4 昨年

コメント: When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

良いポイント:

It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

改善点:

It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

Meredith P.
アメリカのSenior Marketing Coordinator
機械・産業工学, 501-1,000の従業員数

Useful Data Organization and Management Tool

4 2 か月前 新着

コメント: While Vision is a somewhat older-looking software it functions more logically and is much better organized than its newer version (Vantagepoint). There are some clunky workflows but with training and daily use, they are easily overcome. The product itself really helps to keep things organized and provides options for reporting that can be shared system-wide.

良いポイント:

I like that data is laid out in a logical way and certain custom development seems to be integrated with fewer issues than other software programs. Also, you can search across different hubs to ensure your results are specifically tailored to your needs.

改善点:

I don't like how certain workflows open windows that restrict your ability to access the information behind them.

Kim L.
アメリカのOperations Manager
土木工学, 11-50の従業員数

Accounting was an Afterthought

2 昨年

コメント: Horrible Horrible Horrible - that is why we are searching for another software. I do not recommend - at least not for accounting purposes. Save your accounting team the headache!

良いポイント:

There is not "like most" - Difficulty in correcting JE's on a bank account. Meaning - you cannot fix. I would NOT recommend this product for accounting purposes. It's outdated and not forgiving. Reports are less than desirable to look at, and most information is difficult to locate. In order to get what you want you will have to export reports in excel, merge them together and fix for yourself. This is very time consuming and a waste of daylight hours.

改善点:

Difficulty in correcting JE's on a bank account. Meaning - you cannot fix. I would NOT recommend this product for accounting purposes. It's outdated and not forgiving. Reports are less than desirable to look at, and most information is difficult to locate. In order to get what you want you will have to export reports in excel, merge them together and fix for yourself. This is very time consuming and a waste of daylight hours. You have to work backwards when posting a transfer of funds to a account. If you don't your screwed!

Alejandro A.
アメリカのCybersecurity Guru
建築、設計, 201-500の従業員数

Time Tracking centralized

5 先週 新着

良いポイント:

I have been using Deltek Vision for over 9 years. It works great. I use it every day to keep my working hours/timesheets up to date.

改善点:

The only issue I have with it is that to have full capabilities access you need to open the application in Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. You can open it up using Chrome or Firefox but the options are bit limited to only timesheets and not project management.

Tiyana L.
アメリカのVice President - HR
環境サービス, 11-50の従業員数

Vision to Vantagepoint

5 2 年前

コメント: We were using Excel for timesheets so having time and expense in one place and tying into our business process is wonderful. We also have the ability to get nice reports.

良いポイント:

The software helps streamline some of our processes.

改善点:

Not easy to navigate through CRM but here to learn.

Jun J.
アメリカのAccounting Manager

Effective but not efficient

4 2 年前

良いポイント:

It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

改善点:

It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

Roy H.
アメリカのconstruction materials specialist
土木工学, 501-1,000の従業員数

easy to use anywhere!

4 5 か月前

コメント: Overall I like the ease of use as well as the functionality of this mobile app. I rarely use it from a computer, but I do access it at times. It is a one stop place for me to keep track of my time as well as create detailed expense reports.

良いポイント:

I like the fact that I am able to track my time anywhere. With the mobile app I am able to find the certain job I am on and bill time to it. I also like that I am able to create full expense reports from the app.

改善点:

There are times when a new month starts, it doesn't save my favorites and I have to go find them again.

Sandra M.
アメリカのBilling Coordinator
鉱業、金属, 51-200の従業員数

Deltek Vision is user friendly

5 先月 新着

コメント: Overall experience was it was easy to use once you knew how to use it.

良いポイント:

I was able to find clients easy all I had to do was type the name in the search box and it came up or not.

改善点:

I found out that running a report wasn't easy from me especially what I was looking for.

認証済みレビュアー
カナダのResearch Analyst
土木工学, 201-500の従業員数
投稿者のソース

It works, but isn't a great user experience.

3 2 年前

コメント: It feels like software from the mid 2000s. It works, but is clunky and unpleasant. I find myself going through many unnecessary clicks to accomplish common tasks. E.g. When entering a comment for a task e, i need to type it, click in a separate comment box to ensure it's saved, and then only can I navigate away. I don't think they would be in business long if they launched today without their existing legacy user base.

良いポイント:

It accomplishes the task it sets out to do. It logs time.

改善点:

It has an outdated user interface, and the navigation is not well thought through.

Rhonda L.
アメリカのManager, CRM Systems
土木工学, 1,001-5,000の従業員数

I'm a believer in Deltek Vision

良いポイント:

We use Vision for CRM and Proposals-Custom Proposals and Government forms. I love the connectivity between your firms, contacts with your opportunities and jobs. Using Vision enables us to store and retrieve our corporate history and the story of us...our projects, our people and our client relationships. I confess I am a power-user and have done most of the configuration to the system, so therefore understand it more than most others, but I can provide data of any kind from our system. We are integrated with a different accounting platform, so I can also provide up-to-date project reporting. We also use an intranet connector that makes our information easily obtainable/viewable through PC and mobile app (not the Deltek mobile app). I have used the Deltek Vision product since 2005 and had prior Deltek products since the late 1990's. Dewberry is a 2,000 person firm with 50 office locations in 18 states.

改善点:

Although I live and breathe Deltek Vision, numerous people at our firm just can't grasp the details and complain that it is not user friendly. The learning curve seems slow for some people to overcome, actually many people, but once it's figured out, there seems to be high value in their usage. I like the custom reporting tool but my users find it so difficult that most refuse to use it. I think the most successful firms will have a Vision expert and a strong IT (SQL, reports) and application team on staff. If not, you probably would need a consultant. My team has been able to keep everything in house to date.

David P.
アメリカのChief Financial Officer
建築、設計, 51-200の従業員数

Twelve Years as a Deltek User

5 5 年前

コメント: In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

良いポイント:

The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

改善点:

It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Tony B.
アメリカのExecutive recruiter
建設, 501-1,000の従業員数
ソース:SoftwareAdvice

See your Vision with Deltek!!!

4 4 年前

コメント: This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

良いポイント:

Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

改善点:

The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

Susan M.
アメリカのSelf Employed
投稿者のソース

Used Vision's General Ledger primarily in my role to produce month end and year end financial stmts.

良いポイント:

The general ledger was easy and logical for an accountant. The work breakdown structure allowed for reporting consolidated reports as well as subsidiary level, office level, and departmental reports. Vision handled large amounts of transactions and data efficiently. Vision offers functionality to do time sheets and expense reports remotely. Vision has great security features that can remove access to certain areas or information based on an employees role in the Company. It is easy to remove rights immediately when employees leave the Company. In addition, roles can control who can make changes or post transactions. Vision allows for automated reporting. For example, an Accounts Receivable report can be automatically sent to an employee's email on a scheduled basis.

改善点:

The software is not logical for non-accountants. The software is primarily for A'E firms but very difficult for those users. Most of the engineers are unable to write and run project reports. When they do get a report, the report isn't easily understood. The software is difficult to support internally and requires a database specialist to get maximum value. Vision contains a massive amount of data but the canned reports do not always offer the different types of data in same report. Unless you can write custom reports, you will have to pay expensive consulting fees.

Debra H.
アメリカのSenior Staff
建築、設計, 1,001-5,000の従業員数
投稿者のソース

Searching for data results in quick results, good report generation feature, easy to edit.

5 4 年前

コメント: Information about each project such as who is the PM, lead architect, lead accountant, project location, legacy data, status, etc. is essential to our business. We can easily search for all current projects in any city, state, province, country. Our PMs use this to keep track of payments, invoices, employees assigned to the project, budget data, and documents stored on our servers can be linked from within a record. We can view other projects for the vendor or client.

良いポイント:

It allows me to have three databases open. In my case, Projects, Employees and Timesheets. It's great to toggle between them without having to log out and in again. Data retrieval is quick. It allows me to search for very specific information so my results don't overwhelm. Data access is controlled at the user level so people cannot edit fields without proper permission. Before Vision, we used a database that contained project numbers that were preserved in the Vision database. So if we need to look up project data based on the old number, we are able to. This saves us a lot of time.

改善点:

It is difficult to learn this software on your own beyond searching. There are so many features that allow us to look at the data in several ways. Most of those ways are unknown to me so training is required. I would suggest that companies provide proper training before implementing it firmwide to avoid frustration.

Imran S.
パキスタンのSenior Financial Advisor
教育管理, 501-1,000の従業員数

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

5 3 年前

コメント: Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

良いポイント:

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

改善点:

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Sandra S.
アメリカのChief Financial Officer
土木工学, 51-200の従業員数

Vision Review by Accounting

4 5 年前

コメント: Vision has good features and is lacking in some features. Vision used to be able to alphabetize A/R Statements when we initially started using it. Through upgrades, Vision lost that feature that we found valuable for our billing process. Vision is lacking in end of year reporting functionality. For example, end of year 1099 functionality is lacking. States require the account id assigned to companies to be reported on 1099s. Vision is currently unable to print accurate paper copies nor is it able to provide an accurate electronic file. Customer support was not able to help me and I had to manually edit the electronic file in order to have a 1099-MISC that would pass our state's criteria. Vision does not provide reporting for form 1099-INT which I need for reporting interest on shareholder payouts. Financial reporting is lacking some. Balance Sheets typically have Assets on page 1 and Liabilities and Equity on page 2. I have not found a way to easily achieve this with settings in Vision. I have employees that would like to be able to review their payroll withholdings and paystubs at any given time, but are not able to do that. At times, Vision is disappointing for the Accounting department. At other times, it is a rock star for us.

良いポイント:

Integregrates the engineers project management with accounting reporting.

改善点:

Payroll tax/End of Year Tax Reporting is lacking.

Jun J.
のAccounting Manager
ソース:SoftwareAdvice

Powerful yet not so user friendly.

4 4 年前

コメント: Not so user friendly, too much steps to get one voucher in. Entering description is not so easy and flexible, keep getting too much error message.

良いポイント:

Biggest help is that It has WIP feature where we can keep track or our work in progress without outsourcing to vendors. It offers full accounting functions.

改善点:

In the reports, info are not easily accessible with clicking the items you want to see. VIsual weakness where it does not disclose all info in the window and cannot adjust borders left or right to fully expose all info...always need to use left and right scroll to enter or see the whole line.. voucher and invoice number too short, can't fit long numbers, All the modules are not available...can't tell if other modules that we don't have licenses are useful to us or we need it if we don't know how it works or what it can do,,,,it doesn't give trial period like quickbooks or peachtree where we can test it for short period. Reports are too much options but doesn't have options that allows us to see more clearly. Visual really too messy...would like to see simpler and clear reports.

Rob W.
のAccountant
ソース:SoftwareAdvice

Could build an aircraft carrier with this software or use it to run a small destroyer, depending on your needs.

4 4 年前

コメント: Overall as compared to the other 5 ERP systems I have used over the years I have to say Vision is one of the best out there, especially for project oriented tracking. Deltek is also a company looking for improvement and advancement within their programs. The new generation they are working on to Vision takes the program to a very modern and more robust place. Great things are coming!

良いポイント:

Has the ability to be customized in many ways to improve functionality and process routine tasks behind the scenes with workflows. Great when you want scheduled reports to be pushed out to staff on a regular basis, can be either be emailed or sent to a dashboard. System is fairly easy to use and navigate once you get the hang of it. However, the size and capability can be off putting if you give too much access to none power users.

改善点:

Although there are many reports and lots of options within each report they can also be limiting. For example if you wanted to run an A/R graph for aging you can only choose three options (Current, 30, & 60 days). Therefore if you have five options (Current, 30+, 60+, 90+, 120+) you will need to run two graphs to see all the info. However, if you have someone who know SQL you can design and write your own reports which is a plus.

Katherine N.
アメリカのProject Leader
経営コンサルティング, 2-10の従業員数
製品の使用期間:: 6~12か月

Deltek Vision ERP Implementation needs an onsite professional

4 5 年前

コメント: The controller left December 31st. The company went live February 1st. I began February 6th and I had never seen Deltek Vision before that day. Deltek Vision is a powerful, project management software which can help you have almost real-time visibility into all aspects of your business. Hi, my name is Kathy Nixon and I am a CPA, a PMP, and a professional coach. Post-acquisition mergers of systems, processes, and teams is my niche.
This assignment had me serving as interim corporate controller of a $130M+ Revenue company who was merging its three companies currently on Quickbooks all into one system, Deltek Vision.
Greatest take-aways:
1. Designate a Subject Matter Expert. It can be a Deltek Vision consultant or a third-party consultant with heavy Deltek Vision experience.
2. Develop a Steering Committee across all company disciplines and meet weekly. Decision making and joint buy-in is important.
3. Communicate, Communicate, Communicate. Communication to all areas of your organization is imperative to the success of the implementation.
4. Train, review, test, train some more. It takes a village to raise this child.
5. Designate or hire a project manager. For success, you need someone focused on all areas of this software's implementation. Setup, testing of setup, training, input, verify input accuracy, invoicing, collections, accounting and financial reporting.
6. Expect 6 months (to a year) before everyone is onboard.
7. Develop a budget which includes 5 times the software's cost. Yes, five times. It is a pay me now or pay to correct it later proposition.
Good luck! Wishing you success. Let me know how I can help.

認証済みレビュアー
アメリカのProject Engineer
土木工学, 1,001-5,000の従業員数
製品の使用期間:: 6~12か月

Great tools for Project Managers

4 2 年前

コメント: I believe this program is a significant upgrade over my firm's previous time tracking program. We should see the benefits within several months.

良いポイント:

This is the second iteration of Deltek that I have used and there have been great additions since the last version I used. There are so many great tools for project management and tracking performance metrics. I particularly like the ability to schedule your work and availability -- this is great for work sharing with different offices/teams.

改善点:

There is a bit of a learning curve to get yourself up to speed using all of the programs capabilities, but there are good resources and tutorials available to make sure you are getting the most out of the product. If you are only using it for timesheet purposes, I am not sure it is worth the extra cost.

Chelsee B.
のBilling specialist
機械・産業工学, 11-50の従業員数
ソース:SoftwareAdvice

Deltek Review from a billing standpoint

4 5 年前

コメント: Deltek Vision is mainly well suited for project managers to view project data in one place and also for billing purposes. It allows you to view a project as whole or drill down and see a certain time frame. Deltek Vision could be updated to be more HR inclusive. Right now we can only use it for time and expense and also payroll.

良いポイント:

The time sheet and expense entering are very detailed and users can log time from iAccess if they are out of the office as well as upload to receipts straight into vision. It works great as a billing system. it's pretty straight forward and being able to run batches or also single invoices depending on your need is helpful. It has a wide variety of reporting and you can also customize report to drill down and pull the info you need.

改善点:

It can be difficult for new users and somewhat overwhelming. You need to be familiar with customizing reports to be able to get what you want. The default reports don't usually provide what information is needed. I really hate that we still have to use internet explorer to access vision.

Joel N.
ケニアのData Analyst
情報技術、情報サービス, 501-1,000の従業員数
製品の使用期間:: 無料トライアル

Deltek Vision Review

4 3 年前

コメント: It makes planning for business finance simpler. With an amazing interface (dashboard for quick access), you can make plans and generate detailed reports needed for decision-making.

良いポイント:

When it comes to everything accounting, this tool is reliable and effective. You can effectively manage budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue report and financial forecasts. Financial planning requires accuracy and detailed info and therefore, it can be daunting when you are dealing with several projects at a go that require planning. This tool saves you all the trouble and helps you plan accordingly . Secondly, it makes organization pretty simple. You can determine which of your staff are suitable for a particular project based on previous reports detailing their performance on the project. You can also get to the root of issues because everything is pretty much detailed. Businesses have ups and downs from time to time and having a tool that helps you get to the bottom of hindrances is an added advantage. It guarantees you great and reliable insight with features such as payroll, mobile app, expense management and client invoice among others.

改善点:

Though it fully covers planning for business in nearly all aspects, I'd really ask that they check out resource planning. Document implementation shouldn't have hitches at all. That also should be checked.

Sue I.
カナダのAccounts Receivable Manager
土木工学, 11-50の従業員数

Deltek Vision - Wonderful Program to Control & Grow Your Project Based Business

5 5 年前

コメント: Deltek Vision is a work horse of a software program. Its functionality is extensive and requires a full time person to be invested fully into set up and maintenance of the many features available. We find that we aren't able to use many of the great features simply because we don't have the time to explore and learn them all. Reporting features are fantastic and so useful in project management. Highly recommend this program for any project based company.

良いポイント:

The reporting features are so inclusive that you really can get any info you need at the click of report once you have them set up.

改善点:

It relies on accurate entry of data so I can't even say that there's a negative about the software just that you need consistent processes of input in order for the features to work efficiently.

Jeanice F.
アメリカのVice President

My Experience

5 5 年前

コメント: Overall, Vision is good. One feature I do not care for is the reporting and the fields are not in alphabetical order. I love the advanced search feature in reporting. I love the A/R transaction input experience where you just pull the invoice and it puts everything in. That is outstanding. Timesheets is another great feature of Deltek. One thing I feel needs to improve is the A/R search under the Accounting Tab/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review, if you don't know the invoice number and search by client, it pulls all projects for that client. It should only pull those projects with outstanding A/R. I don't care for the customer service thru the help. Calling was much better.

良いポイント:

The A/R transaction entry, the advanced search in reporting, timesheet processes.

改善点:

The project reporting list of fields not in alphabetical order when you are trying to create a report. I know you can sort but it would take that step away if it was automatic. The search for an invoice number under Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Invoice Review.